16 bit code, breakpoints?

Jason Edmeades-3
Hi, How do you set breakpoints in 16 bit code, or cant you?

I can add in the winedos code a debugbreak at a particular point in time,
and I really want to step through some of the code following the return to
see why something is happening.

If I do, for example, break 0x1257:0x33f3 or *0x1257:0x33f3 it doesn't work.

Jason

Re: 16 bit code, breakpoints?

Eric Pouech-2
Ann & Jason Edmeades wrote:
> Hi, How do you set breakpoints in 16 bit code, or cant you?
>
> I can add in the winedos code a debugbreak at a particular point in time,
> and I really want to step through some of the code following the return to
> see why something is happening.
>
> If I do, for example, break 0x1257:0x33f3 or *0x1257:0x33f3 it doesn't work.
No, that's currently broken.
You could try to do:
info seg 0x1257
get the base of the segment, add 0x33f3 to it, and set the bp by hand at
the linear address (b * <result>)

A+

--
Eric Pouech