[Bug 30033] New: Office 2010 Standard: Volume activation fails

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
45 messages Options
123
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] New: Office 2010 Standard: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

             Bug #: 30033
           Summary: Office 2010 Standard: Volume activation fails
           Product: Wine
           Version: 1.4-rc5
          Platform: x86-64
        OS/Version: Linux
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: -unknown
        AssignedTo: [hidden email]
        ReportedBy: [hidden email]
    Classification: Unclassified


Created attachment 39121
  --> http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=39121
Activation failure inside of winword.exe

Product activation of Office 2010 Standard Edition with a Volume License Key
fails when using change product key method for activation. (VLK installer does
not require a key during setup, only after installation for activation)

"Configuring Microsoft Office Standard 2010" fails with error message
"Microsoft Office Standard 2010 configuration did not complete successfully

Attached log is of changing product key inside of winword.exe, but process and
failure is the same for all office applications.

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

Rosanne DiMesio <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|UNCONFIRMED                 |NEW
            Summary|Office 2010 Standard:       |Office 2010 Standard, Pro
                   |Volume activation fails     |Plus: Volume activation
                   |                            |fails
     Ever Confirmed|0                           |1

--- Comment #1 from Rosanne DiMesio <[hidden email]> 2012-02-28 07:28:18 CST ---
Confirming; also happens with Office 2010 Professional Plus.

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

Rosanne DiMesio <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

[hidden email] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]
                   |                            |t

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

thohai <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

[hidden email] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

Hans Leidekker <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--- Comment #2 from Hans Leidekker <[hidden email]> 2012-05-22 11:55:37 CDT ---
*** Bug 30749 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

--- Comment #3 from Hans Leidekker <[hidden email]> 2012-05-22 12:01:58 CDT ---
> err:rpc:I_RpcReceive we got fault packet with status 0x80070241
> fixme:ole:NdrCorrelationInitialize (0xab8d448, 0xab8d048, 1024, 0x0): stub
> fixme:rpc:NdrStubCall2 new correlation description not implemented
> fixme:ole:NdrCorrelationFree (0xab8d448): stub
> err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"CAInstallSppPlugin.x86" returned 1603

0x80070241 = ERROR_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH

Does the problem occur if you install and run Office with native msxml3 and
msxml6?

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

--- Comment #4 from Rosanne DiMesio <[hidden email]> 2012-05-22 12:50:02 CDT ---
Yes. Tested in wine-1.5.4-234-g27ca37d.

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

--- Comment #5 from miro ilias <[hidden email]> 2012-05-29 01:32:25 CDT ---
Created attachment 40321
  --> http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=40321
MS Office 2010 Professional Plus registration, wine-1.5.5

Hi,

with wine-1.5.4 I installed in 32-bit version MS Office 2010 Pro Plus suite.
Registration didn't work.

Now with fresh wine-1.5.5 the registration process fails as well (Ubuntu 12.04
x86_64), and the log is attached:

~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Microsoft\ Office/Office14/EXCEL.EXE  >
excel_32bit_registration.log 2>&1

Best, Miro

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

[hidden email] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--- Comment #6 from [hidden email] 2012-06-15 05:41:44 CDT ---
Hello everybody,

for those who are working with MS Office for example in a company that provides
a volume licence should have noticed that it is not possible to activate the
product with the "cscript <whatever>" solution.

I analysed this visual basic script and found a workaround for this issue:

There are three different registry entries that have to be added:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform]

Insert:

"KeyManagementServiceName REG_SZ <Licence server>"
"KeyManagementServicePort REG_SZ <Port of licence server>"

Start MS Office (i.e. Word). Then an additional entry will be automatically
created:

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform]

Insert:
"VLRenewalSchedule REG_BINARY <any value>"

Alternatively it might be possible to copy the value of "VLRenewalSchedule"
from
[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-0-0-0-1000\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform]


It is possible that you have to start MS Office, close it completely and
restart it.

In the menu of Word go to "File - Help". You should now see that MS Office was
successfully activated.

Greetings,

Robert.

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

--- Comment #7 from Sean O'Brien <[hidden email]> 2012-06-15 13:19:39 CDT ---
Wow...thanks for checking that out Robert, that's fantastic insight.
Since we no longer have a local MS license server for office and rely on
Microsoft's own VLK activation servers, is this workaround possible?

What values would you use for the two keys mentioned?
"KeyManagementServiceName REG_SZ <Licence server>"
"KeyManagementServicePort REG_SZ <Port of licence server>"

Thanks for your help on this bug

-Sean

(In reply to comment #6)

> Hello everybody,
>
> for those who are working with MS Office for example in a company that provides
> a volume licence should have noticed that it is not possible to activate the
> product with the "cscript <whatever>" solution.
>
> I analysed this visual basic script and found a workaround for this issue:
>
> There are three different registry entries that have to be added:
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform]
>
> Insert:
>
> "KeyManagementServiceName REG_SZ <Licence server>"
> "KeyManagementServicePort REG_SZ <Port of licence server>"
>
> Start MS Office (i.e. Word). Then an additional entry will be automatically
> created:
>
> [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform]
>
> Insert:
> "VLRenewalSchedule REG_BINARY <any value>"
>
> Alternatively it might be possible to copy the value of "VLRenewalSchedule"
> from
> [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-0-0-0-1000\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform]
>
>
> It is possible that you have to start MS Office, close it completely and
> restart it.
>
> In the menu of Word go to "File - Help". You should now see that MS Office was
> successfully activated.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Robert.

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

--- Comment #8 from [hidden email] 2012-06-18 09:45:31 CDT ---
Hello,

I hope I really understood what you desire.

I am working on the university. Here a specific central license server is
installed to which I have to connect.
This server should be different in other companies. Basis of this possibility
is a volume license somehow a mess license that can be run with many clients in
a company network.
Further information can be seen here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/buy/how-to-buy-office-2010-through-volume-licensing-HA101809925.aspx?CTT=1

Waht I want to tell is that the values hardly depent on your license server if
there is one.

Greetings,

Robert.


(In reply to comment #7)

> Wow...thanks for checking that out Robert, that's fantastic insight.
> Since we no longer have a local MS license server for office and rely on
> Microsoft's own VLK activation servers, is this workaround possible?
>
> What values would you use for the two keys mentioned?
> "KeyManagementServiceName REG_SZ <Licence server>"
> "KeyManagementServicePort REG_SZ <Port of licence server>"
>
> Thanks for your help on this bug
>
> -Sean

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

--- Comment #9 from Rosanne DiMesio <[hidden email]> 2012-06-18 10:30:20 CDT ---

(In reply to comment #8)

> Waht I want to tell is that the values hardly depent on your license server if
> there is one.
>
Microsoft offers companies two ways to activate their volume licenses: KMS and
MAK. KMS relies on a central server within the company, and is apparently what
you have. MAK connects to Microsoft's central servers, and is what my employer
and Sean's have. The workaround you posted may work for KMS activation, but
those of us with MAK-activated licenses can't even test it without knowing what
values to put for License server and Port of license server.

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

--- Comment #10 from [hidden email] 2012-06-19 03:51:11 CDT ---
Do you have at least one computer that works with Windows OS? If so what
variables are in
"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform]"? Are
there also those variables "KeyManagementServiceName" and
"KeyManagementServicePort"?
If they exist do these variables have some values?

This was the way I went by analysing the VB script. I also had a Virtual Box
Windows installation with MS Office 2010 where activation was no problem.

Maybe some very intersting information for this topic are also described here:
http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/ff793438.aspx
It is explained for MS Windows activation only but maybe it helps.

Greetings.


(In reply to comment #9)
> Microsoft offers companies two ways to activate their volume licenses: KMS and
> MAK. KMS relies on a central server within the company, and is apparently what
> you have. MAK connects to Microsoft's central servers, and is what my employer
> and Sean's have. The workaround you posted may work for KMS activation, but
> those of us with MAK-activated licenses can't even test it without knowing what
> values to put for License server and Port of license server.

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

--- Comment #11 from Sean O'Brien <[hidden email]> 2012-06-19 16:22:35 CDT ---
On my working installation on Windows 7, I have neither of those variables
inside
of:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform]

I have the following 4 entries instead:
(Default)         REG_SZ      (value not set)
Path              REG_SZ      C:\Program Files\Common (....etc)
ServiceSessionId  REG_BINARY  (A 32 character alpha-numeric code)
UserOperations    REG_BINARY  0x00000000 (0)

From the looks of it, I don't think this will help those of us using MAK
Activation.

Thank you for explaining Rosanne, I couldn't remember the names of the two
types of activation. It is correct that I'm trying to activate office with a
MAK-activated license through Microsoft directly and not KMS activation with
local activation servers like you Robert. I think perhaps my company has a KMS
key...but no local servers set up to activate it with (and many remote
locations to activate), thus why we use the MAK activation method.


(In reply to comment #10)

> Do you have at least one computer that works with Windows OS? If so what
> variables are in
> "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform]"? Are
> there also those variables "KeyManagementServiceName" and
> "KeyManagementServicePort"?
> If they exist do these variables have some values?
>
> This was the way I went by analysing the VB script. I also had a Virtual Box
> Windows installation with MS Office 2010 where activation was no problem.
>
> Maybe some very intersting information for this topic are also described here:
> http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/ff793438.aspx
> It is explained for MS Windows activation only but maybe it helps.
>
> Greetings.
>
>
> (In reply to comment #9)
> > Microsoft offers companies two ways to activate their volume licenses: KMS and
> > MAK. KMS relies on a central server within the company, and is apparently what
> > you have. MAK connects to Microsoft's central servers, and is what my employer
> > and Sean's have. The workaround you posted may work for KMS activation, but
> > those of us with MAK-activated licenses can't even test it without knowing what
> > values to put for License server and Port of license server.

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

--- Comment #12 from [hidden email] 2012-06-25 02:27:05 CDT ---
May it help to search in regedit for "MAK" or "MultipleActivationKey"?
The procedure is more complicate then for KMS as I understand, but there must
also be a way to overcome this problem.

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

--- Comment #13 from [hidden email] 2012-06-26 02:23:44 CDT ---
Did you try out this way?

wine "setup.exe" "/admin"

Then the OCT (Office Customization Tool in Office 2010) starts and give further
advices. Does this work?

More intels are here:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179097.aspx

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

Steven Broadbridge <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |steven.broadbridge@senecaco
                   |                            |llege.ca

--- Comment #14 from Steven Broadbridge <[hidden email]> 2012-07-11 09:49:25 CDT ---
You can find your company's activation server with
host -t SRV _vlmcs._tcp
If more than one is found, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRV_record to
learn how to use the priority and weight fields.
Aside: if this bug is in how wine queries SRV records from DNS, it will impact
all applications that uses RFC 2782 to autodiscover services.

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 30033] Office 2010 Standard, Pro Plus: Volume activation fails

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30033

[hidden email] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--- Comment #15 from [hidden email] 2012-08-13 10:45:16 CDT ---
I've added the following to the comments section of the AppDB Page before I saw
this bug report.  It is possible to do KMS Activation, but the provided
OSPP.VBS script does not work with wines wscript implementation.  I wrote a
small OSPP.VBS replacement which just accomplishes the /act function of the
original OSPP.VBS.

f you use office products which use Microsoft KMS to activate, the OSPP.VBS
script doesn't work with wines wscript. I've created a script which does the
activiation, its much shorter than OSPP.VBS. You have to set your activation
host in the registry before using the script.

Per the documentation here technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624350.aspx

use regedit to set
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\KeyManagementServiceName
to your KMS server address or IP, then save the following visual basic script
in a .VBS file and run it with wscript from the wine cmd prompt.

Z:\> wscript OSPP-ACT.VBS

you will be able to activate MSOffice products via KMS in Wine.

'-----------VB SCRIPT-------------

Set objWMI = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & "." & "\root\cimv2")

ExecuteQuery "ID, ApplicationId, PartialProductKey, Description,
Name","PartialProductKey null","OfficeSoftwareProtectionProduct"

Function ExecuteQuery(strSelect,strWhere,strClass)

Err.Clear

If strWhere = "" Then
Set productinstances = objWMI.ExecQuery("SELECT " & strSelect & " FROM " &
strClass)
Else
Set productinstances = objWMI.ExecQuery("SELECT " & strSelect & " FROM " &
strClass & " WHERE " & strWhere)
End If

sppErrHandle ""

End Function


Set count = productinstances.Count

For index = 0 to count
set instance = productinstances.Item(index)
If (LCase(instance.ApplicationId) = OfficeAppId) Then
If instance.PartialProductKey "" Then
i = i + 1
End If
instance.Activate
SppErrHandle(strCommand)
End If
Next

'------------------END VBSCRIPT--------------

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.winehq.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching all bug changes.


123