[Bug 43935] New: Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
79 messages Options
1234
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] New: Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

            Bug ID: 43935
           Summary: Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start,
                    requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2
           Product: Wine-staging
           Version: 2.19
          Hardware: x86-64
                OS: Linux
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: -unknown
          Assignee: [hidden email]
          Reporter: [hidden email]
                CC: [hidden email], [hidden email],
                    [hidden email]
      Distribution: ---

Created attachment 59575
  --> https://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=59575
vkGetPhysicalDeviceProperties2KHR hack

The game crashes on startup, with wine complaining that
vkGetPhysicalDeviceProperties2KHR (from the
VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2 extension) is not implemented.

I'm using wine-staging 2.19 and the RADV driver, which supports the extension.

The attached patch provides a dummy implementation of this function that falls
back to calling vkGetPhysicalDeviceProperties, which allows the game to start.
I apologize that I have no idea how to properly implement Vulkan functions in
wine, it's just a very dirty hack.

Note that even with the patch the game doesn't even render the menu on my
system, but that might be due to driver issues.

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

Anthony Jagers <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

Dave Airlie <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--- Comment #1 from Dave Airlie <[hidden email]> ---
Going to see if I can bring this up on radv, will need a proper wine fix of
course.

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

[hidden email] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--- Comment #2 from [hidden email] ---
can confirm this hack does actually get the game to launch, but gives a black
screen once you get past the machinegames animation and the copyright
information. tested on vega 64 with radv on mesa 17.2.2

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

tokktokk <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

[hidden email] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--- Comment #3 from [hidden email] ---
I can confitm this bug too:

fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 2.19 is a testing version containing
experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug
reports on winehq.org.
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x550000 0 0x32ed20 4 stub
fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x32d270 (nil)): stub
fixme:win:DisableProcessWindowsGhosting : stub
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x10000 0 0x23ee4f8 4 stub
fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"wined3d.dll" to
L"wined3d-csmt.dll"
err:module:import_dll Library d3d11.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\windows\\system32\\nvapi64.dll") not found
fixme:vulkan:vkGetInstanceProcAddr missing function
"vkGetPhysicalDeviceProperties2KHR"
fixme:bcrypt:BCryptGenRandom ignoring selected algorithm
fixme:bcrypt:BCryptGenRandom ignoring selected algorithm
wine: Unhandled page fault on execute access to 0x00000000 at address (nil)
(thread 0030), starting debugger...

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

--- Comment #4 from [hidden email] ---
(In reply to mo78 from comment #3)

> I can confitm this bug too:
>
> fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 2.19 is a testing version
> containing experimental patches.
> fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing
> bug reports on winehq.org.
> fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x550000 0 0x32ed20 4 stub
> fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x32d270 (nil)): stub
> fixme:win:DisableProcessWindowsGhosting : stub
> fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x10000 0 0x23ee4f8 4 stub
> fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"wined3d.dll" to
> L"wined3d-csmt.dll"
> err:module:import_dll Library d3d11.dll (which is needed by
> L"C:\\windows\\system32\\nvapi64.dll") not found
> fixme:vulkan:vkGetInstanceProcAddr missing function
> "vkGetPhysicalDeviceProperties2KHR"
> fixme:bcrypt:BCryptGenRandom ignoring selected algorithm
> fixme:bcrypt:BCryptGenRandom ignoring selected algorithm
> wine: Unhandled page fault on execute access to 0x00000000 at address (nil)
> (thread 0030), starting debugger...

Forgot to mention - Nvidia card here.

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

--- Comment #5 from Dave Airlie <[hidden email]> ---
I'd be interested in knowing if the nvidia gets started with the hack patch.

On radv you can disable the extension and get to the black screen, we are
currently thinking some intro video decode is failing so it just sits their
rendering 60fps of black screen, I've looked in renderdoc, and it really is
just rendering black.

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

--- Comment #6 from [hidden email] ---
(In reply to Dave Airlie from comment #5)
> I'd be interested in knowing if the nvidia gets started with the hack patch.
>
> On radv you can disable the extension and get to the black screen, we are
> currently thinking some intro video decode is failing so it just sits their
> rendering 60fps of black screen, I've looked in renderdoc, and it really is
> just rendering black.

No, there isn't a patch, vanila Wine-staging, with Nvidia blob.

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

Timothee Besset <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

[hidden email] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--- Comment #7 from [hidden email] ---
(In reply to Dave Airlie from comment #5)
> I'd be interested in knowing if the nvidia gets started with the hack patch.

nvidia + wine-staging 2.19 + vkGetPhysicalDeviceProperties2KHR patch here.

After the videos and splash screens I get a black screen, with a cursor (a
white 90º angle). I get audio cues when playing with the keyboard, so the menu
seems to be working even if it isn't rendering. If I press enter 3 or 4 times
in a row, I get into an intro cinematic (previously on Wolfenstein). After the
cinematic ends (or if I try to skip it), the screen freezes in the last frame
from the intro, loses the input grab, and gets stuck, no sound nor video.

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

--- Comment #8 from [hidden email] ---
That's interesting. After today's update I get a notice about my driver being
out of date. Log:

Winsock Initialized
idCommonLocal::Init() time 20: 0.051s
------ Initializing File System ------
Current search path:
    - C:/users/GLOR~VVW/SAVE~YWG/MachineGames/Wolfenstein II The New
Colossus/base/
    -
Z:/mnt/Storage/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Wolfenstein.II.The.New.Colossus/base/
------ File System initialized.
WARNING: ReadJsonFile: could not read file: packagechunklist.json
Executing build.cfg...
------ Command Line ------

Z:\mnt\Storage\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Wolfenstein.II.The.New.Colossus\NewColossus_x64vk.exe
------ CPU Information ------
    1 CPU package, 16 physical cores, 16 logical cores
    3900 MHz    AMD CPU with MMX & SSE & SSE2 & SSE3 & SSSE3 & SSE41 & SSE42 &
AVX
    65536 kB 1st level cache, 524288 kB 2nd level cache, 8388608 kB 3rd level
cache
    16048 MB System Memory
idCommonLocal::Init() time 30: 0.094s
idLib::SetProduction( PROD_PRODUCTION )
idCommonLocal::Init() time 40: 0.255s
------- Initializing renderSystem --------
PreliminaryRenderSetup
...registered window class
-------------------------
Application Info
-------------------------
App    : Wolfenstein II The New Colossus - 1.0.2
Engine : idTech - 6.5.0
-------------------------
Instance Extensions
-------------------------
 + VK_KHR_surface
 + VK_KHR_win32_surface
 + VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2
-------------------------
Device Extensions
-------------------------
WARNING: Could not predicate PCI-E bandwidth
ERROR: Driver is too old, please update
TIMER: idRenderSystemLocal::Init() took 43075.1133 ms
Dumped console text to C:\users\GLOR~VVW\SAVE~YWG\MachineGames\Wolfenstein II
The New Colossus\base\ErrorLog_10-30-2017__09-46-07pm.txt.

idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
ImageStreaming shutdown took 0.00s

***************************
ERROR: Driver is too old, please update

***************************

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

--- Comment #9 from Dave Airlie <[hidden email]> ---
(In reply to javitonino from comment #7)

> (In reply to Dave Airlie from comment #5)
> > I'd be interested in knowing if the nvidia gets started with the hack patch.
>
> nvidia + wine-staging 2.19 + vkGetPhysicalDeviceProperties2KHR patch here.
>
> After the videos and splash screens I get a black screen, with a cursor (a
> white 90º angle). I get audio cues when playing with the keyboard, so the
> menu seems to be working even if it isn't rendering. If I press enter 3 or 4
> times in a row, I get into an intro cinematic (previously on Wolfenstein).
> After the cinematic ends (or if I try to skip it), the screen freezes in the
> last frame from the intro, loses the input grab, and gets stuck, no sound
> nor video.

Oh cool, I've reproduced the same thing on radv here now, pressed enter a few
times, video and hang.

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x142fde5f8 "?" wait timed out in
thread 00aa, blocked by 00ab, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x142fde5f8 "?" wait timed out in
thread 00aa, blocked by 00ab, retrying (60 sec)

I get a couple of those, but it doesn't seem to be a gpu hang at least.

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

--- Comment #10 from [hidden email] ---
(In reply to GloriousEggroll from comment #8)

> That's interesting. After today's update I get a notice about my driver
> being out of date. Log:
>
> Winsock Initialized
> idCommonLocal::Init() time 20: 0.051s
> ------ Initializing File System ------
> Current search path:
>     - C:/users/GLOR~VVW/SAVE~YWG/MachineGames/Wolfenstein II The New
> Colossus/base/
>     -
> Z:/mnt/Storage/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Wolfenstein.II.The.New.Colossus/
> base/
> ------ File System initialized.
> WARNING: ReadJsonFile: could not read file: packagechunklist.json
> Executing build.cfg...
> ------ Command Line ------
>  Z:\mnt\Storage\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Wolfenstein.II.The.New.
> Colossus\NewColossus_x64vk.exe
> ------ CPU Information ------
>     1 CPU package, 16 physical cores, 16 logical cores
>     3900 MHz    AMD CPU with MMX & SSE & SSE2 & SSE3 & SSSE3 & SSE41 & SSE42
> & AVX
>     65536 kB 1st level cache, 524288 kB 2nd level cache, 8388608 kB 3rd
> level cache
>     16048 MB System Memory
> idCommonLocal::Init() time 30: 0.094s
> idLib::SetProduction( PROD_PRODUCTION )
> idCommonLocal::Init() time 40: 0.255s
> ------- Initializing renderSystem --------
> PreliminaryRenderSetup
> ...registered window class
> -------------------------
> Application Info
> -------------------------
> App    : Wolfenstein II The New Colossus - 1.0.2
> Engine : idTech - 6.5.0
> -------------------------
> Instance Extensions
> -------------------------
>  + VK_KHR_surface
>  + VK_KHR_win32_surface
>  + VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2
> -------------------------
> Device Extensions
> -------------------------
> WARNING: Could not predicate PCI-E bandwidth
> ERROR: Driver is too old, please update
> TIMER: idRenderSystemLocal::Init() took 43075.1133 ms
> Dumped console text to C:\users\GLOR~VVW\SAVE~YWG\MachineGames\Wolfenstein
> II The New Colossus\base\ErrorLog_10-30-2017__09-46-07pm.txt.
>
> idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
> ImageStreaming shutdown took 0.00s
>
> ***************************
> ERROR: Driver is too old, please update
>
> ***************************

It's requesting version 17.10.3 driver, and reporting 0.0.0 found

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

--- Comment #11 from Dave Airlie <[hidden email]> ---
Also the pull down works at the black screen.

hit `

Mine is dumping a lot of WARNING: failed to read cache line at <number> from
the hard disk.

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

--- Comment #12 from Dave Airlie <[hidden email]> ---
The latest update appears to force the AMD AGS library to test the driver
version this fails under Wine totally.

Maybe need to write a fake AMD AGS library

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

Sven Arvidsson <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

Lam <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--- Comment #13 from Lam <[hidden email]> ---
According to
http://steamcommunity.com/app/612880/discussions/0/1479856439046864535/ you can
disable driver check by adding
+r_disableDriverVersionCheck 1
to the command line in Steam.

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

--- Comment #14 from [hidden email] ---
(In reply to Dave Airlie from comment #12)
> The latest update appears to force the AMD AGS library to test the driver
> version this fails under Wine totally.
>
> Maybe need to write a fake AMD AGS library

after using the +r_disableDriverVersionCheck 1 along with the hack patch, i was
able to get to the same point you did - white corner-cursor, ` works for drop
down console with several failed to read cache line xxxxxxxx from the hard disk
warnings

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 43935] Wolfenstein 2: The new Colossus does not start, requires VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Wine - Bugs mailing list
In reply to this post by Wine - Bugs mailing list
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43935

Laszlo Monda <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--- Comment #15 from Laszlo Monda <[hidden email]> ---
I'd like to give this patch a try, but I cannot apply it because dlls/vulkan
doesn't exist in the repo. Any ideas, guys?

--
Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the
above URL to reply.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


1234