How to install mozilla active in wine

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to install mozilla active in wine

Vijay Kiran Kamuju
Hi,

I would like to install mozilla active in wine, i have downloaded the xpi file.
and what should i do make the wine recognize this activex.

Thanks,
Vijay


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to install mozilla active in wine

Dan Kegel-3
On 10/10/05, Vijay Kiran Kamuju <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to install mozilla active in wine, i have downloaded the xpi file.
> and what should i do make the wine recognize this activex.

Searching google for mozilla activex finds

http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm

Does that help?


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to install mozilla active in wine

Vitaliy Margolen-2
Monday, October 10, 2005, 9:48:18 AM, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On 10/10/05, Vijay Kiran Kamuju <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I would like to install mozilla active in wine, i have downloaded the xpi file.
>> and what should i do make the wine recognize this activex.
> Searching google for mozilla activex finds
> http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm
> Does that help?

Which brings a question: should we add that address to registry so our "Do you
want to download and install Mozilla ActiveX?" thingy to work? Or should we
remove that question all together?

Vitaliy







Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to install mozilla active in wine

Dan Kegel-3
On 10/10/05, Vitaliy Margolen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm
>
> Which brings a question: should we add that address to registry so our "Do you
> want to download and install Mozilla ActiveX?" thingy to work? Or should we
> remove that question all together?

Good question.   One little issue is that that page
says the plugin is very finicky about which version
of Mozilla it works with.  It would probably take
a bit of work to make sure that was all working smoothly.
One might even consider bundling Firefox and the ActiveX control
with binary packages of Wine.  But I think that brings
up another good point: the decision about what to
do about that address probably is best answered by
whoever builds the binary packages.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to install mozilla active in wine

Vijay Kiran Kamuju
Well i was not able to install successfully the active plugin, as it
asks for the mozilla binary.
Do we have to install mozilla for windows in wine

On 10/10/05, Dan Kegel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/10/05, Vitaliy Margolen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm
> >
> > Which brings a question: should we add that address to registry so our "Do you
> > want to download and install Mozilla ActiveX?" thingy to work? Or should we
> > remove that question all together?
>
> Good question.   One little issue is that that page
> says the plugin is very finicky about which version
> of Mozilla it works with.  It would probably take
> a bit of work to make sure that was all working smoothly.
> One might even consider bundling Firefox and the ActiveX control
> with binary packages of Wine.  But I think that brings
> up another good point: the decision about what to
> do about that address probably is best answered by
> whoever builds the binary packages.
>
>
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to install mozilla active in wine

Dan Kegel-3
On 10/10/05, Vijay Kiran Kamuju <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Well i was not able to install successfully the active plugin, as it
> asks for the mozilla binary.
> Do we have to install mozilla for windows in wine

Yes.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to install mozilla active in wine

Vijay Kiran Kamuju
Sorry, its was not asking for mozilla binary, but about mozilla layout
libraries.
infact it was missing msvcp60.dll
just copy the msvcp60.dll to c:\windows\system32 in wine it installs fine.

On 10/11/05, Dan Kegel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 10/10/05, Vijay Kiran Kamuju <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Well i was not able to install successfully the active plugin, as it
> > asks for the mozilla binary.
> > Do we have to install mozilla for windows in wine
>
> Yes.
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to install mozilla active in wine

listman-4
In reply to this post by Vitaliy Margolen-2
> Monday, October 10, 2005, 9:48:18 AM, Dan Kegel wrote:
>> On 10/10/05, Vijay Kiran Kamuju <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I would like to install mozilla active in wine, i have downloaded the
>>> xpi file.
>>> and what should i do make the wine recognize this activex.
>> Searching google for mozilla activex finds
>> http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm
>> Does that help?
>
> Which brings a question: should we add that address to registry so our "Do
> you
> want to download and install Mozilla ActiveX?" thingy to work? Or should
> we
> remove that question all together?
>
> Vitaliy

This has pretty easy instructions for activex on it, should be in the FAQ

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Install_and_update_World_Of_Warcraft_with_wine


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to install mozilla active in wine

Vincent Béron
In reply to this post by Dan Kegel-3
Le lun 10/10/2005 à 12:12, Dan Kegel a écrit :

> On 10/10/05, Vitaliy Margolen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm
> >
> > Which brings a question: should we add that address to registry so our "Do you
> > want to download and install Mozilla ActiveX?" thingy to work? Or should we
> > remove that question all together?
>
> Good question.   One little issue is that that page
> says the plugin is very finicky about which version
> of Mozilla it works with.  It would probably take
> a bit of work to make sure that was all working smoothly.
> One might even consider bundling Firefox and the ActiveX control
> with binary packages of Wine.  But I think that brings
> up another good point: the decision about what to
> do about that address probably is best answered by
> whoever builds the binary packages.

IIRC, the maintainer of the Mozilla ActiveX control doesn't have that
much bandwidth to spare on Wine users downloading it, so we needed to
find another place for that file. The logic place is the sourceforge
download servers, but then we need some logic to automatically download
from one of the currently active servers. I sent such a patch a couple
months ago to wine-patches, but it wasn't applied (screen-scraper,
depends on the format of sourceforge pages, etc.).

Vincent