NSIS problem?

Mike Hearn-2
Hi,

It seems that NSIS installers have regressed in Wine 0.9 - at least, the
PE Explorer setup which looks and feels like an NSIS based installer won't
install with a "The folder name is invalid" error message. I poked at this
a bit but got nowhere.

Can anybody confirm/deny it's a problem with all NSIS installrers? If the
problem is just with PE Explorer then we can leave it, otherwise I think
we should try and figure it out before 0.9 - NSIS is a very popular
installer these days and not running it for 0.9 would be a disaster.

thanks -mike

Re: NSIS problem?

Vitaliy Margolen-2
Thursday, October 13, 2005, 10:00:07 AM, Mike Hearn wrote:
> Hi,

> It seems that NSIS installers have regressed in Wine 0.9 - at least, the
> PE Explorer setup which looks and feels like an NSIS based installer won't
> install with a "The folder name is invalid" error message. I poked at this
> a bit but got nowhere.

> Can anybody confirm/deny it's a problem with all NSIS installrers? If the
> problem is just with PE Explorer then we can leave it, otherwise I think
> we should try and figure it out before 0.9 - NSIS is a very popular
> installer these days and not running it for 0.9 would be a disaster.

Looks like a known problem introduced by uxtheme changes [Bug:3241].

Vitaliy

Re: NSIS problem?

Jonathan Ernst
I think this is caused by theming. Frank Richter sent a patch for this
but it hasn't been accepted.

--
Jonathan Ernst <[hidden email]>

Re: NSIS problem?

Mike Hearn-2
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:19:02 -0600, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> Looks like a known problem introduced by uxtheme changes [Bug:3241].

I have a nasty suspicion that these applications are simply not themable.
Theming is opt-in on Windows precisely because it's not fully backwards
compatible, but we are applying uxtheme to *every* app whether it requests
it or not.

Frank, could the un-expected unicodeness be caused by lack of manifest
support? If so is there some way to revert the unicode changes temporarily
until it's fixed? I don't think we can ship 0.9 with the common controls
so obviously broken.

thanks -mike

Re: NSIS problem?

Michael Kaufmann

>It seems that NSIS installers have regressed in Wine 0.9 - at least, the
>PE Explorer setup which looks and feels like an NSIS based installer won't
>install with a "The folder name is invalid" error message. I poked at this
>a bit but got nowhere.

The installer of PE Explorer has been created with InnoSetup (not NSIS).
This is bug 3241, as Vitaliy pointed out.

Regards
Michael