Re: Exploring Folders

penna

Hi Craig,

     Answering your last question:
"It there a way to launch a Linux application from a Win32 application
running via Wine. If so I could just try running some of the common
browsing applications, like Nautilus."

     There is a way to launch Linux apps from inside WINE. Take a look at
the thread I posted:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/2005-January/016658.html

      Of course it is based in the extension name of the file (example:
my_doc.PDF). If that does not help let me know.

Regards. Ulisses Penna

Re: Exploring Folders

Rein Klazes
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:00:00 +1000, in gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user
you wrote:

>I have also tried using launching a Linux equivillent (Naultilus on the particular system we are testing on Slackware) but it does not launch, I assume as it is a Linux program not a Win32 program.
>
>Can anyone suggest a simple work around. I know we could create a dialogue and work around that way, but my boxx wants a simple way to preferably use an external application using say ShellExecute.
>
>It there a way to launch a Linux application from a Win32 application running via Wine. If so I could just try running some of the common browsing applications, like Nautilus.

Wine happily launches Linux app's. I can launch nautilus by double
clicking in winefile.
Wine must be able to find it, so it must be on a simulated dos drive (
the default Z: is enough) and if you don't want to hard code the path
add it to the Wine PATH.

I am not sure, but ShellExecute may not like an executable without a
(known) extension (.exe, .com etc) and start looking for nautilus.exe or
so.

Rein.

Re: Exploring Folders

penna

> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:00:00 +1000, in gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user
> you wrote:
>
> >I have also tried using launching a Linux equivillent (Naultilus on the
particular system we are testing on Slackware) but it does not launch, I
assume as it is a Linux program not a Win32 program.

> Wine happily launches Linux app's. I can launch nautilus by double
clicking in winefile.

> Rein.

Rein,

      Sorry for the question but what is a "winefile"??
      The way you launch linux apps seems, to me, very good. The way I used
to do is to put some entries at the registry keys in order to deal with
extensions (.zip, .doc, .odt, .sxw, .xls, .htm, ...)

Thanks. Ulisses Penna

Re: Re: Exploring Folders

Holly Bostick
[hidden email] schreef:

>> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:00:00 +1000, in
>> gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user you wrote:
>>
>>> I have also tried using launching a Linux equivillent (Naultilus
>>> on the
>
> particular system we are testing on Slackware) but it does not
> launch, I assume as it is a Linux program not a Win32 program.
>>
>> Wine happily launches Linux app's. I can launch nautilus by double
>> clicking in winefile.
>

> Sorry for the question but what is a "winefile"??

Winefile is an application included with Wine; it's a file manager. Many
users don't realize that it exists, like regedit and notepad, which you
can run with the commands wine regedit and wine notepad. I think there
might be a version of minesweeper as well, but I don't know what it's
called, since I never liked minesweeper anyway.

In any case, just run

winefile

in a terminal or Run dialog to check it out.

HTH,
Holly