Re: Wine AppDB xmlexport script

Austin English-2
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 8:17 AM, John Brezerk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi to All.
>
> I'd like to present php scripts ( attached xmlexport.tar.gz  ) which make
> possible for third party applications to query appdb database.
> After processing user requests, script generates xml view.
> Originally this script was created for q4wine (
>  http://q4wine.brezblock.org.ua/  ) project.

Neat! There's been talk about doing something like this for a while,
but no one's taken the initiative to do it. However, I don't think
you'll have much luck getting it in the AppDB's source repository,
without having a discussion on wine-devel about it first.

> It's licese is GPL v3.
Is there any chance of a different license? Wine is currently LGPL
2.1, it'd be nice to have the same license, if possible...

--
-Austin

Re: Wine AppDB xmlexport script

Andrew Nguyen-3
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Austin English <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any chance of a different license? Wine is currently LGPL
> 2.1, it'd be nice to have the same license, if possible...

I thought the AppDB code was under the GPLv2, judging from the LICENSE file.

Re: Wine AppDB xmlexport script

John Klehm
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 6:45 PM, Andrew Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Austin English <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is there any chance of a different license? Wine is currently LGPL
>> 2.1, it'd be nice to have the same license, if possible...
>>

> I thought the AppDB code was under the GPLv2, judging from the LICENSE file.

From the sounds of it:

"Script require read-only database access to wine appdb and bugzilla database.
Also there is nice documentation via Doxygen. See: docs directory."

Its not a patch to the appdb code base.  Its a separate entity that
queries the database directly.

--John Klehm

Re: Wine AppDB xmlexport script

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes Track versadfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
wrote:

> >> Is there any chance of a different license? Wine is currently LGPL
> >> 2.1, it'd be nice to have the same license, if possible...
> >
> > I thought the AppDB code was under the GPLv2, judging from the LICENSE
> > file.
>
> From the sounds of it:
>
> "Script require read-only database access to wine appdb and bugzilla
>  database. Also there is nice documentation via Doxygen. See: docs
>  directory."
>
> Its not a patch to the appdb code base.  Its a separate entity that
> queries the database directly.
>
> --John Klehm

The code lookes nice. Many people have asked for this, so thanks for working
on it.
I think it would be easier to maintain this if it queried the AppDB rather
than MySQL directly, though.

Regards,

Alexander

Re: Wine AppDB xmlexport script

John Brezerk

2010/1/13 Austin English <[hidden email]>
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 8:17 AM, John Brezerk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi to All.
>
> I'd like to present php scripts ( attached xmlexport.tar.gz  ) which make
> possible for third party applications to query appdb database.
> After processing user requests, script generates xml view.
> Originally this script was created for q4wine (
>  http://q4wine.brezblock.org.ua/  ) project.

Neat! There's been talk about doing something like this for a while,
but no one's taken the initiative to do it. However, I don't think
you'll have much luck getting it in the AppDB's source repository,
without having a discussion on wine-devel about it first.

Actually I just ask for a hosting this script on wine appdb site or database access from my hosting IP addr.

> It's licese is GPL v3.
Is there any chance of a different license? Wine is currently LGPL
2.1, it'd be nice to have the same license, if possible...

--
-Austin

I don't think this is good idea, because it is not a library.

Malakhov Alexey
q4wine (  http://q4wine.brezblock.org.ua/  ) main developer.
BrezBlock ( http://brezblock.org.ua ) maintainer
e-mail: [hidden email]