Tests and window versions

Paul Vriens
Hi,

I've just finished another test for NtQuerySystemInformatio. In this
test I test the structure SYSTEM_PROCESS_INFORMATION. The structure is
however different for NT4.

If I add an osversion (> 4) check I can check the structure for
W2K/WinXP and W2K3 and skip this structure-check for NT4 (for now).

Wine however defaults to Win98 unless I put in the config:

[AppDefaults\\ntdll_test.exe.so\\Version]
"Windows" = "winxp"

Is there another approach or will this test be accepted as is ?

Cheers,

Paul.

Re: Tests and window versions

Alexandre Julliard
Paul Vriens <[hidden email]> writes:

> I've just finished another test for NtQuerySystemInformatio. In this
> test I test the structure SYSTEM_PROCESS_INFORMATION. The structure is
> however different for NT4.
>
> If I add an osversion (> 4) check I can check the structure for
> W2K/WinXP and W2K3 and skip this structure-check for NT4 (for now).
>
> Wine however defaults to Win98 unless I put in the config:
>
> [AppDefaults\\ntdll_test.exe.so\\Version]
> "Windows" = "winxp"
>
> Is there another approach or will this test be accepted as is ?

Ideally you should determine which structure to check by observing the
function behavior, not by checking the Windows version. For instance
if the structures have different sizes you can use the returned size
to determine if you got the NT4 structure or the win2k one.

--
Alexandre Julliard
[hidden email]