Why do the wintab32 tests load the dll at runtime?

Why do the wintab32 tests load the dll at runtime?

Francois Gouget-2

The subject says it all.
Why do the wintab32 tests load the dll at runtime instead of simply
linking with wintab32.dll?

Is it to make it easier to compile it with Visual C++ in case the
system does not have wintab32.dll? (already the SDKs don't seem to have
wintab.h)

--
Francois Gouget <[hidden email]>              http://fgouget.free.fr/

Re: Why do the wintab32 tests load the dll at runtime?

John Klehm
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 5:27 AM, Francois Gouget <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The subject says it all.
> Why do the wintab32 tests load the dll at runtime instead of simply
> linking with wintab32.dll?

It was to make it easier when the dll wasn't around. I pretty sure
wintab32 is not included by default  with XP.  I've only looked
briefly but it seems to be MIA from Windows 7 as well (atleast in the
windows direcotry its' not to be found with a search).

 I think it's possible that there might be a default driver included
with Vista or Windows 7 given the amount of built in tablet stuff in
those versions of windows I might just have missed it.

--John

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011, John Klehm wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 5:27 AM, Francois Gouget <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > The subject says it all.
> > Why do the wintab32 tests load the dll at runtime instead of simply
> > linking with wintab32.dll?
>
> It was to make it easier when the dll wasn't around. I pretty sure
> wintab32 is not included by default  with XP.

Ok. I'll keep it as is then.

--
Francois Gouget <[hidden email]>              http://fgouget.free.fr/
               If you think the whole world revolves around you,