Windows shortcuts (Fear server)

listman-4
Is there a way to make windows shortcuts work under wine. The Fear server
exe (a FPS game) looks for a server config file somewhere in C:\Documents
and Settings\All Users\ which is a shortcut in the directory the
server.exe is located in. I've tried naming a folder the same as the
shortcut name in windows but that didn't work. I've also tried executing
it with
wine fearserver.exe -optionsfile c:\fear\config but it doesn't like that
either, I just get an error saying it cant start the server. The server
runs fine without the options file specified.
Does anyone know how to make shortcuts work in wine or maybe another way
around this. If you need more info please feel free to email me.
Thanks for any help.